Today’s Gender of the day is: Pomegranate
having now been tagged by both hello-starling and beatingthebinary on the six selfies of 2014 challenge, i finally got it together and went on my old computer to find selfies from prior to the summer to round out the set.
1. this was earthquake day, back in march in claremont. i think i originally captioned it something like “at least if we die, we’ll die pretty.” that day was kind of a turning point for me after a mental health situation that month, plus i had PERFECT skin that day and did my makeup all nice, so that was fun.
2. i’ve done pink tips in my hair a couple times in the past year, but this was by far the most successful—i had just gotten a haircut, i balanced the length of color perfectly, it lasted for almost a week. this picture was from graduation 2014.
3. features bisexilinski, my forever-roommate; we took this picture on siblings day because she is basically my sister and that is probably all you need to know.
4. features my dad! this was taken on our spontaneous father-daughter hike on father’s day.
5. probably after some haircut or another, showing off.
6. features another parent: my mom! i spent a really wonderful month at home in june that included a lot of quality time with my parents the likes of which i hadn’t been able to have in a long time—i’m much healthier and happier than i’ve been on other recent visits home, so the time i got with my parents this year is really meaningful to me.
i don’t have a whole lot of friends who haven’t done this yet and i feel weird asking people i don’t know in person for their face, so (only if you’re comfortable posting!) i’ll tag bisexilinski, indulging-uncertainty, azucardetony, greykiosk, and of course madhatteress.
So I think I look banging today.
my bestie is the prettiest girl around and i will fight you if you disagree
Beyonce // Why Don”t You Love Me
saying feminism is unnecessary because you don’t feel oppressed is like saying fire extinguishers are unnecessary because your house isn’t on fire
straight women who casually use the word “girlfriend” to refer to their platonic lady friends, i have nothing against you, but you make the world really confusing,